From: scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: FlightGear user discussions <flightgear-users@flightgear.org>
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-users] Pulling to the Right
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:01:38 -0500

Ron Waite wrote:

Whenever I start to takeoff, no matter what plane I'm in, it pulls to the right. Sometimes it will go straight for a few seconds then jerk over to the right. Sometimes it will start going right from the beginning, slowly and steadily. Sometimes it will go straight, jerk right, go straight again, jerk right again.
And sometimes, moving my joystick to the left doesn't help much.

Why is this? Thanks.

Is it a propeller driven aircraft? If so, you are probably experiencing prop-torque. The propeller will tend to yaw the aircraft to the right. This tendency gets more severe with the RPM of the engine.

Scott

I know it's normal on single-prop aircraft, but this is happening in the A-10, T-38, etc.