On Tuesday 20 December 2005 16:07, Dave Culp wrote:
> For instance, you will be able to configure a gear speed
> limit monitor that will print a message, "Hey Dummy! The gear speed limit
> is 250 knots!  You just lost your gear doors.", if you exceed that limit.

Although of course if we want we can already do that sort of thing pretty
easily through nasal.  I'm sure the FDMs could make more complex failures
easier to model in some ways but it's surprising how much you can fake with
nasal and imagination.  I normally have the latter, but getting it to work
with the former is trickier :-)

> The hard part will be in finding out what the limits are, especially for
> old aircraft that aren't flying any more.
Yes, as you'll know much better than me, getting good info seems to be one of,
if not the most difficult things about modelling planes.

> Thanks for the test run and feedback.
I look forward to flying your F80 once the CVS commit messages stop :-)

Cheers,

AJ