On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 07:56:48 -0500, Donn wrote in message
<508a8890.1050...@comcast.net>:

> I have a 64 bit version of openSuSE 12.3 with a radeon MB card and
> monitor connected to it.
>
> I did download and compile everthing from scratch.  FGFS is giving me
> this error executed from a konsole in KDE4.
>
> suse:~/Documents> fgfs

..weird prompt, are you trying to do this as root?????

..one way to break your X environment, is set up an e.g.
'su -' chain, I prefer 'ssh -X ' to carry X permissions
etc between boxes, xterms and X sessions.

> Error: In Texture::Extensions::setupGLExtensions(..) OpenGL version
> test failed, requires valid graphics context.
> Scaling image '/usr/lib/FlightGear/Aircraft/c172p/splash.png' from
> (512,512) to (0,0)
> Segmentation fault
>
> Is this a radeon problem or the OpenGL that openSuSE is using.

..dunno, are you able to try putting a fresh install of e.g.
knoppix on an usb stick and try replicate this error?

> This
> is a new system about one month old and I never had a problem of this
> type with Nvidia and a file.run.  I have Mesa openGL

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: