On Saturday 02 September 2006 23:20, Pigeon wrote:
>     http://www.lixsystems.net/lix/index.htm
>
>     This Linux HTPC (got slashdotted) apparently includes FlightGear.
> Got a screenshot of FG (at splash screen) on the site too.
>
>     What's also funny is one of the FAQs:
>
>     Why do you include FlightGear ?
>
>     FlightGear is a wondeful flight simulator that can show off the
> NVIDIA® GPU.
>
>     :)
>
> Pigeon.

It is a wonderful flight simulator that can show of the NVIDIA® GPU not
because of any amazing eye candies, but because of the tremendous workload
that FlightGear places on the GPU.  Like: "if FG can run decently with the
NVIDIA® GPU, then that means everything can run excellently."  I don't know
whether I should start laughing or breakdown crying now. :P

Now that I think about it, I think we have an explanation as to why FlightGear
doesn't run all-too-well on any other brand of graphic cards...

Ampere