Apologies as I sent an earlier copy without subject line.  Ignore that one.

Hello all.  I am using Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.10.  I have an Saitek X52
joystick.  I have obtained the X52.xml file from cvs.  The X52 allows
you to twist the joystick.  I would like to set this up in FlightGear
for the yaw.  Reason is as of now I have to use the keyboard to keep
straight on the runway which is a real pain with 2 wheel props, I
mean really 2 wheel props like p51d ugh!  How do I get the joystick
twist action connected to yaw.  Looking at the xml file simply
bewilders me.  Also I thought I would include the output from js_demo
in case anything is different with Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft for other
Ubuntu FlightGear users.

####SAITEK X52 FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM####

####On my Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft system detected as shown below
####Joystick 0: "Saitek Saitek X52 Flight Control System"

####START AXIS SECTION####

Ax:0
Joystick side to side

Ax:1
Joystick up/down

Ax:2
Throttle stick forward/backward

Ax:3
Lower right throttle ring

Ax:4
Upper right throttle ring

Ax:5
Joystick twist

Ax:6
Throttle slider

Ax:7 and Ax:8
Joystick lower middle hat

Ax:9 and Ax:10
Throttle mouse control

####END AXIS SECTION####

####START BUTTON SECTION####

T1
800100

T2
800200

T3
800400

T4
800800

T5
801000

T6
802000

Lower pinkie joystick grip button
800020

Upper joystick trigger button partway in
800001

Upper joystick trigger button all the way in
804001

Joystick left flat black button
800010

Joystick lower right blue button
800008

Joystick upper right blue button
800004

Joystick upper middle blue button under black and gold cover
800002

Joystick upper left top hat
Up:808000
Down:820000
Left:840000
Right:810000
Cardinal Points
Northeast:818000
Southeast:830000
Sothwest60000
Northwest:848000

Joystick far right side rotate button
3 positions
1:800000
2:1000000
3:2000000

Throttle right lower side blue button
20800000

Throttle lower right side tiny stick button, not the blue one
40800000

Throttle middle side blue button
800040

Throttle top blue button
800080

Throttle upper top front hat button
Forward:a00000
Backward:880000
Cardinal Points
Northeast:b00000
East:900000
Southeast:980000
Southwest:c80000
West:c00000
Northwest:e00000

Throttle far left front scroll wheel button
Scrolling forward:800001
Scrolling backward:800002
Pushing down:80800000

Multi function display buttons