Syd&Sandy wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:05:47 +0900
> Jason Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Can any one help me. Every time I strart FlightGear I get a segmentation
>> Fault.
>>
>> I get this error with CVS, FlightGear 9.10 and FlightGear 1
>>
>> I have tried to run it in KDE and Gnome, both as a user and root
>>
>> Current Hardware:
>> Quad Core CPU
>> 2Gb Ram
>> ASUS Nividia GeForce 8600 GT
>> Nvidia MCP55 High Definition Audio
>> Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick
>> MS keyboard and Mouse
>>
>> I have currently installed:
>> Fedora 8 (Kernel 2.6.23.9-85.fc8)
>> Nvidia driver 100.14.10 (From Nvidia)
>> Xorg 1.3.0.0-37.fc8
>> Flightgear-1.0.0  (Compiled)
>> SimGear-1.0.0 (Compiled)
>> freeglut-2.2.0-16 (tried 2.4 from yum)
>> plib-1.8.4-9.fc8
>> openal-0.0.9-0.13.20060204cvs.fc8
>> gcc-4.1.2-33
>>
>> Strat Command:
>> fgfs --log-level=debug
>>
>> Command Line Output:
>> Reading joystick file
>> /usr/local/share/FlightGear/Input/Joysticks/Rockfire/gameport_to_usb.xml
>> Reading joystick file
>> /usr/local/share/FlightGear/Input/Joysticks/template.xml
>> Looking for bindings for joystick "Logitech Logitech Force 3D Pro"
>> No config found for joystick "Logitech Logitech Force 3D Pro"
>> Using default:
>> "/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Input/Joysticks/Default/joystick.xml"
>> Segmentation fault
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Jason
>>

> Hi Jason ... the first thing I notice is the path shows
> /usr/local/share/FlightGear/Input .... it should show ...
> /FlightGear/data/Input ...
> Silly question , but did you download the data from cvs also ?
> If so , maybe you need an .fgfsrc file in your home directory with ...
>
> --fg-root=/usr/local/share/FlightGear/data
> --fg-scenery=/usr/local/share/FlightGear/data/Scenery
>
> Cheers
Syd&Sandy

I used fgfs-base-1.0.0.tar.bz2 for my base package. I change my data directory
to match. But still the same error.

Reading joystick file
/usr/local/share/FlightGear/data/Input/Joysticks/Rockfire/gameport_to_usb.xml
Reading joystick file
/usr/local/share/FlightGear/data/Input/Joysticks/template.xml
Looking for bindings for joystick "Logitech Logitech Force 3D Pro"
No config found for joystick "Logitech Logitech Force 3D Pro"
Using default:
"/usr/local/share/FlightGear/data/Input/Joysticks/Default/joystick.xml"
Segmentation fault

Cheers,
Jason