Hi,

Go visit the page below for two of your questions - read-only file system and
how to install zip files.
http://macflightgear.sourceforge.net/home/documents/users-guide

For avoiding crashes, you may want to try this one:
http://macflightgear.sourceforge.net/a-patch-that-prevents-fg-200-from-crash-on-launch-is-available

FYI.
Mac OS does support zip files.

Best,

Tat

On May 20, 2011, at 10:07 AM, Glenn Hailstone wrote:

> Hi, I have downloaded flightgear on my MAC, and it is a brilliant game.
> However it seem to crash quite alot, and it comes up with a message that says
> the app is a read only file, and that it will run but scenery and aircraft
> addons will not work. Does anybody else have this problem.
>
> Also, it seems that you can not download aircraft and scenery for MAC because
> they come as ZIP files, and MAC does not support zip files.
>
> If anybody can help me out it would be appreciated so that I can enjoy this
> great game.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Glenn Hailstone

Tatsuhiro Nishioka