Yan--

Greetings!  Last month I purchased the Saitek Multi Panel to add to my Pro
Flight yoke and throttle quadrant. I have the same problem.  My computer
has Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 as the OS.  (I bought the Saitek
auxiliary power supply, too.  The panel requires more power than my
computer can supply through the USB ports. However, that had no impact on
the operation of the Multi Panel).

I was not able to get the Multi Panel to talk to FlightGear.  I filed a
support ticket with MadCatz/Saitek requesting a solution.  They've been
rather slow to respond, but about a week ago I received an email from one
of their staff.  For the moment the Multi Panel sits in the box.

I'd urge you to file a ticket, as well.  Maybe that will send a message to
MadCatz that FlightGear is a viable market for their products and they
should build our requirements into their operating software as a matter of
course.

In the meantime, I could answer a couple of your questions, keeping in mind
I'm running Windows.  You can download updated drivers from Saitek Pro
Flight online in addition to the CD-ROM that comes with the product.
Saitek has a feature called "Smart Technology."  Part of the ST package is
a utility that allows you to test all the axes and buttons on the yoke (I
assume the pedals have a similar utility) and it shows what each button is
supposed to do.

In Explore open the Saitek program folder and click on the component and it
will open up an Update Wizard. It updates the drivers as appropriate; then
just follow the instructions.  Once that is complete, at least you can test
if the unit is working properly. (Incidentally, I found the Smart
Technology programming feature does not work with FlightGear, but it is not
necessary for the yoke to work.  Also, the throttle quadrant switches don't
all work as described in the XML file.)

If you haven't discovered this already, with your panel plugged in, you can
open the Pro Flight Panels file folder in Saitek and click on your unit.
This will show you a picture of your panel.  It should go through a test
mode to check if all the switches are working.  Then when you move a
switch, it should show on the picture that it's working.  My Multi Panel
indicated it was working okay--it just would not work with FG.

Now, if the panels just operated with FlightGear, we'd be flying and not
writing emails trying to figure out why these expensive components aren't
doing what they are designed for.

All my best,

David

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Yan Seiner <y...@seiner.com> wrote:

> We got our shiny new Saitek yoke, pedals, and switch panel installed.
> Looks like the pedals and the yoke are supported out of the box.  We're
> having trouble getting the switch panel recognized.  None of the buttons
> seem to work.
>
> [1087289.182427] input: HOLTEK Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel as
> /class/input/input46
> [1087289.182563] generic-usb 0003:06A3:0D67.002B: input,hidraw41: USB
> HID v1.00 Device [HOLTEK Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel] on
> usb-0000:00:02.1-2.4.4.4.2.3/input0
>
> Does anyone have this working?
>
> Also, is there a description of the buttons for the yoke anywhere?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Honoring our vets.
>
> http://www.bataanmarch.com/