From: Arnt Karlsen
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:45 PM
To: flightgear-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-users] error while running flight gear

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 09:06:42 +0530, Shobith wrote in message
<caeek9fvzqf3kan5xsd9qb0nd_gg0xbctcq3ep9pg046ydgd...@mail.gmail.com>:
> *
> Hiy guys just downloaded flight gear yesterday night and ran it today
> but its giving me a weird error , i have written the problem below ,
> please take a look
>
>    - Operating system: Windows 7

..I'm a GNU/Linux only guy, so somebody who knows how to diagnose
Wintendo must pitch in here.  Meanwhile you should give us further
details.

>    - Computer: HP Pavilion g6, Intel core i5

..some of these i5's have integral (on-chip) graphics,
which exact i5?  A "wrong" answer here, might make
diagnosis, _really_ interesting. ;o)

>    - Graphics board/chip: Radeon HD 6xxxM series

.._which_ "Radeon HD 6xxxM series" graphics board/chip?
You should see your details in some system detail menu,
e.g. "control panel(?)".  Important detail.

..also important, which graphics card driver _version_???

>    - Compiler/version: i dont know

..try run the "Dos window"(CMD?), in there, enter
"fgfs --version", and post its output here.

>    - Versions of relevant libraries: i dont know

..you probably would know if you compiled and installed
from source code, so I'm guessing you installed a binary
instead.

..link to where did you found that binary?

>    - Type of problem: uknown exception in the main loop . aborting...
>     possible cause: not enough space
>    - Steps to recreate the problem: Just click run in the flight gear
>    launcher , in the CMD windows you cann see things like electrical
> systems okay , and you hear a sound or something just before the game
> loads it throws up the error

..we'll need you to post the _exact_ output from that.

>       I have 491 GB free in my hard disk and i have 6GB RAM and i
> beleive thats sufficient to run Flight Gear

..hell, yeah, plenty good iron. ;o)

> but please let me know if its something wrong with my system or if
> theres a solution to make it work ?

..not neccessarily (other than running Wintendo), could be a bad
graphics card driver version, bad set of libs (dll's) or even a
badly built FlightGear binary.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: