From: curtol...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 14:26:56 -0500
To: flightgear-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-users] Adding 3D/Computer Vision

Hi Sterling,
I have used ffmpeg to feed a video capture stream of flightgear into a fifo
pipe that can be read by an opencv application in real time.  I did a little
write up on the flightgear.org web site:

http://www.flightgear.org/tours/developing-computer-vision-algorithms-with-flightgear/

The part where I talk about specific ffmpeg commands is down towards the end of
the article.  I don't know if this method would be appropriate for you, but
it's something that was useful for my project.

Curt.