I have encountered a problem the first time that I attempted running
FlightGear.

Dell Inspiron 64 bit Laptop with 8GB RAM running Windows 7 Professional.

Selected the Piper J-3 Cub, Buchanan Field and accepted all defaults.  I got
the splash screen and the pull-down menu bar and then the app crashed with
the following:

  Unknown exception in the main loop.  Aborting...

  Possible cause:  Not enough space.

CUP Usage was 2379 MB (out of a total of 8086 MB)

A solution to this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.