Paul,

This is where I'm picking up the garbage data:

        ftnet.loc_addr.sin_addr.s_addr = ftnet.msgip.ip.s_addr

The kernel is GENERIC plus IPFW. Nothing terribly oddball. I'm wondering if this is a variable type issue somewhere. Running a 32bit build on amd64 and the same box doesn't exhibit this issue.

If you care to look into this, I can provide access to the box in question. If not, I'll might eventually figure it out.

I'm not at the point of caring about a memory leak. When I get there, I can run it through valgrind.

Thanks,
Mark