MacArthur, Ian (SELEX GALILEO, UK) wrote:
>>      I'd be willing to take a stab at making a Makefile.WINDOWS
>>      for fltk for the MS compilers if that would be "entertaining".
>
> Brave man!
>
> One thing - can you call it Makefile.MS (or similar) please, as I
> already have windows makefiles, for non -MS tools...

        I actually spent an hour on this, and got just about all the
        fltk libs to build under VS .Net 7.0 with gmake.exe with a
        simple/small Makefile.

        Here's a work-in-progress tar file that I have so far:
        http://seriss.com/people/erco/fltk/tmp/vsnet-makefiles.tar.gz

        Contents:

buildtools.windows/gmake.exe
src/Makefile.MICROSOFT
src/gmake-fltk-include
src/gmake-vsnet-include
src/gmake.bat

        If you have vs7, you should be able to just extract that
        into the top level fltk-1.3.x directory, and then run it
        from a VS .NET console as:

                cd src
                gmake clean
                gmake

        This should build:

                ..\lib\fltk.lib
                ..\lib\fltkimages.lib
                ..\lib\fltkforms.lib
                ..\lib\fltkgl.lib

        I'm still working on the other lib targets and haven't gotten
        to the test dir yet.

        Once I have this working, I'll try to make it autodetect
        the compiler, and get it to work with VS Express next.