Gena Svarovski wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Not sure if this is correct place for such posting but I didn't find any
> better, so writing here.
>
> I found it useful to keep small GIF images like icons not in external files
> which are shipped together with application but as static arrays inside
> binary. I searched for such functionality in FLTK and didn't find any, so I
> changed Fl_GIF_Image class to support such image loading. I can release it
> public if people think it would be demanded but then I need advice how to
> make it more FLTK-way.

        When in doubt, fltk.general is the place to post.

        Myself, when I want images in my apps, I use .xpm files
        and #include them into the code.

        .xpm files are an interesting format in that they are both an
        image file format and valid c/c++ code. They are also colormaps,
        very similar to the gif format.

        The only problem with xpms is they are not compressed in any way;
        the data is more or less 'raw', one character per pixel.

        If you have some code, definitely post it somewhere and point people
        at it on fltk.general, and you'll surely get some good feedback.