On 15.03.2011 04:48, Greg Ercolano wrote:
> Greg Ercolano wrote:
>>      Maybe show us your FLTK2 translated sphere.cxx file.
>
>     I decided to take a shot at translating this example to FLTK2.
>
>     I'm not sure if it's right because I get the same error you do,
>     with or without the glutInit() call, and no matter where I put it in
> main().
>
>     With this code I'm trying to use FLTK2 to completely handle the
>     windows, and calling fltk::run().
>
>     I could probably make it work if I made it more like the fractal.cxx
>     program where the fltk widgets are in an FLTK window, and the glut stuff
>     in a separate window. Might try that next.

I still don't know more about glut, but reading the FLTK 1.3 (!) docs
about "Mixing GLUT and FLTK Code"

<http://www.fltk.org/doc-1.3/glut.html#glut_mixing>

your code seems to be faulty. I understand the docs so that you
shall not call glutInit() if (and only if?) you want to "make your
GLUT window a child of a Fl_Window". Then you must also show() your
main window *before* you add the glut subwindow (this is not correct
in your example code).

HTH

Albrecht