On 15 Mar 2013, at 15:02, memoryl...@tin.it wrote:

> In general I do not know what there will be under my bargraph : maybe a
> picture, maybe a filled background.
> The situation is more similar to the desktop you mentioned.

So long as the background is drawn by your app, then it is feasible to
composite the bar graphs and etc on top of it.

But: If the background is drawn by some other app, or is otherwise outside the
control of your app windows, then compositing the graphs and so forth on top
becomes Very Tricky.

> For now the simplest solution I can imagine is to redraw the whole parent of
> my object.

Quite possibly: I think we need to understand more about the nature of the
backgrounds, how they are drawn etc, and from there we can figure out how to
render the graphs on top of them...