Hi Greg and Ian,

> > Use a timer to blink... but things are not always "smooth blinking".
> > Not a big problem, anyway... just would like to know if there is a
> clever way to assure a smooth blinking
> > (usually we are speaking of small objects).

>Not really sure this is what was being asked, but here's a simple demo of
>"blinking" widgets.

>Maybe this is what was wanted?

Yes.
The problem was that, under particular conditions (many redraw of images), my
blinking could become irregular,
as timers, if I understand well, are all at the same "priority level".

The technique you and Greg told me is clear ; will "clean up" something in my
(growing!) app and try
to avoid unnecessary redraws.

Again,
thank you a lot for your precious help.