> Its marked as obsolete but I now think that was an oversight. If that sorts
> you out, I'll be sure to see that we remove the obsolete attribute.

CheckEnumerable is marked obsolete because there is an overload of
CheckList that accepts a setter delegate. The signature is basically
the same as CheckEnumerable with the last two parameters exchanged:

_spec.CheckList(x => x.EnumerableOfKittens, kittens, (cat, kitten) =>
cat.AddKitten(kitten));

Please note similar overloads for other built-in checks (property,
reference, etc).

You can implement custom checks by deriving from
FluentNHibernate.Testing.Values.Property<T> and adding extension
methods to the PersistenceSpecification, as shown in
FluentNHibernate.Testing.PersistenceSpecificationExtensions.

HTH,
Alex