In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, BlackMonk
(Tom,as always) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>>I saw Graham Bond on numerous occasions - Ginger Baker was drummer in
>>the Organisation's earliest incarnation (Bond later played in Baker's
>>post-Cream 'Airforce'). I'm not sue whether McLaughlin actually recorded
>>with Bond though... He may be on an early live album they issued.
>>
>The live album, which I had on 8-track long ago and really wish I could
>replace, was recorded after Dick Heckstall-Smith replaced McLaughlin. The
>only released tracks with McLauglin came out on a compliation in the 80s.
>(Something else I wish I could find.)

That's right, Heckstall-Smith then joined the post Peter Green (he is
continuing his rehabilitation from paranoid schizophrenia, I hear) John
Mayall lineup. There were cries of 'traitor' and 'soul band' amongst
angered blues fans when the horn section first appeared - obviously from
people who had only ever heard the Anglicised Article then prevalent !

Gerald O'Connell

http://www.wonderport.com