twenty - fourth of a second movie tape (movie tape is larger and easier to
splice)- and rearranged the order of the 24th second intervals of recorded
speech. The original words are quite unintelligible but new words emerge.
The voice is still there and you can immediately recognise the speaker. Also
the tone of the voice remains. If the tone is friendly, hostile, sexual,
poetic, sarcastic lifeless, despairing, this will be apparent in the altered
sequence.

  I did not realise at the time that I was using a technique that has been in
existence since 1881 ...I quote from Mr.  French's article ... "designs for
speech scramblers go back to 1881 and the desire to make telephone and radio
communications unintelligible to third parties has been with us ever
since"... The message is scrambled in transmission and then unscrambled at
the other end. There are many of these speech scrambling devices that work on
different principles... "another device which saw service during the war was
the time division scrambler. The signal was chopped up into elements .005 cm
long. These elements are taken in groups or frames and rearranged in a new
sequence. Imagine that the speech recorded is recorded on magnetic tape which
is cut into pieces .02 long and the pieces rearranged into  a  new sequence.
This  can  actually be done  and gives  a good idea what speech sounds like
when  scrambled in this way."

 This I had done in 1968. And this is an  extension of the cut/up method. The
simplest cut/up cuts a page down the middle and across the middle into four
sections. Section 1 is then placed with section 4 and section 3 with section
2 in a new sequence. Carried further we can break the page down into smaller
and smaller units in altered sequences.

  The original purpose of scrambling devices was to make the message
unintelligible without scrambling the code. Another use for speech scramblers
could be to impose thought control on a mass scale. consider  the  Human body
and nervous system as unscrambling devices. A common virus like the cold sore
could sensitize the subject to unscramble messages. Drugs like LSD and Dim-N
could also act as unscrambling devices. Moreover, the mass media could
sensitize millions of people to receive scrambled versions of the same set of
data. Remember that when the human nervous system unscrambles a scrambled
message this will seem to the subject like his very own ideas which just
occurred to him, which indeed it did.

  Take a card, any card. In most cases he will not suspect its extraneous
origin. that is the run of the mill newspaper reader who receives the
scrambled message  uncritically and assumes that it reflects his own opinions
independently arrived at. On the other other hand, the subject may recognise
or suspect the extraneous origins of voices that are literally hatching out
in his head. Then we have a classic syndrome of paranoid psychosis.
Subject hears voices. Anyone can be made to hear voices with scrambling
techniques. It is not difficult to expose him to  the  actual scrambled
message, any part of which can be made intelligible. This can be done with
street recorders, recorders in cars, doctored radio  and  TV sets. In his own
flat if possible, if not in some bar or restaurant he frequents. If he
doesn't talk to himself, he soon will do. You bug his flat. Now he is  really
round the bend hearing his own voice out of radio and TV broadcasts and the
conversation  of passing strangers. See how easy it is? Remember the
scrambled message is partially unintelligible  and  in any case he gets the
tone. Hostile white voices unscrambled by a <a href=/blau.html>Negro</a> will also
activate by
association every occasion on which he has been threatened or humiliated by
whites. To  carry it further you can use recordings of voices known to him.
You can turn him against his friends by hostile scrambled messages in a
friend's voice. This will activate ll his disagreements  with  that  friend.
You can condition him to like his enemies by friendly scrambled messages in
enemy voices.

  On the other hand the voices can be friendly and reassuring. He is now
working for the CIA, the GPU, or whatever, and these are his orders. They now
have an agent who has no information to give away and who doesn't have to be
paid. and he is now completely under control. If he doesn't obey orders they
can give him the hostile voice treatment. No, "They" are not God or super
technicians from outer space. Just technicians operating with well-known
equipment and using techniques that can be duplicated by anyone else who can
buy and operate this equipment.

  To see how scrambling technique could work on a   a mass scale, imagine
that a news magazine like TIME got out a whole issue a week before
publication and filled it with news based on predictions following a certain
line, without attempting the impossible, giving  our boys a boost in every
story and the Commies as many defeats and casualties as possible, a whole new
issue of TIME formed from slanted prediction of future news. Now imagine this
scrambled out through the mass media.

  With minimal equipment you can do the same thing on a smaller scale. You
need a scrambling device, TV, radio, two video cameras, a ham radio station
and a simple photo studio with a few props and actors. For a start you
scramble the news all together and spit it out every which way on ham radio
and street recorders. You construct fake news broadcasts on video camera.
For the pictures you can use mostly old footage. Mexico City will do for
a riot in Saigon Chile you can use the Londonderry pictures. Nobody knows
the difference. Fires, earthquakes, plane crashes can be moved around. for
example, here is a plane crash in Toronto 108 dead. so move the picture of
the Barcelona plane crash over to  Toronto and Toronto to Barcelona. And you
scramble your fabricated news in with actual news broadcasts.

  You have an advantage which your opposing player does not have. He must
conceal his manipulations. You are under no such necessity. In fact you can
advertise the fact that you are writing the news in advance and trying to
make it happen by techniques which anybody can use. And that makes you NEWS.
And TV personality as well, if you play it right. You want the widest
possible circulation for your cut/up video tapes. Cut/up techniques could
swamp the mass media with total illusion.

  Fictional dailies retroactively cancelled  the  San Francisco earthquake and
Halifax explosion as journalistic hoaxes, and doubt released from the skin
law extendable and revenous,  consumed all the facts of history.

  Mr French concludes his article ..."The use of modern microelectric
integrated  circits could lower the cost of speech scramblers enough to see
them in use by private citizens. Codes and ciphers have always had a strong
appeal to most people and I think scramblers will as well..."

  It is generally assumed that speech must be consciously understood to
cause an effect. Early experiments with subliminal images have shown that
this is not true. A number of research projects could be based on speech
scramblers. We have all seen the experiment where someone hears his own
recorded voice back a few seconds later. Soon he cannot go on talking. Would
scrambled speech have the same effect? to what extent does a language act as
unscrambling in either-or conflict terms? To what extent does the tone of
voice used by a speaker impose a certain unscrambling sequence on the
listener?

  Many of  the  cut/up tapes would be entertaining and in fact entertainment
is the most promising field for cut/up techniques. Imagine a pop festival
like Phun City  scheduled  for   July  24th,  25th,  26, 1970 at Ecclesden
Common, Patching, near Worthing, Sussex. Festival area comprised of car park
and  camping area, a rock auditorium, a village with booths and cinema, a
large wooded area. A number of Tape recorders planted in the woods and the
village. As many as possible so as to lay down a grid of sound over the whole
festival. Recorders have tapes of prerecorded material, music, news,
broadcasts, recordings from other festivals, etc. At all times some of the
recorders are playing back and some are recording. The recorders recording
the crowd and the other tape recorders that are playing back at varying
distances. This cuts in the crowd who will be hearing their own voices back.
Play back, wind back and record  could  be  electronicly controlled with
varying intervals. Or they could be hand operated, the operator deciding what
intervals of play back, record, and wind to use. Effect is greatly increased
by a large number of festival goers with portable recorders playing back and
recording as they walk around the festival. We can carry it further with
projection screens and video cameras. Some of the material is pre-prepared,
sex films, films of other festivals, and this material is cut in with live
TV broadcasts and shots of the crowd. Of course, the rock festival will be
cut in on the screens, thousands of fans  portable recorders recording, and
playing back, the singer could direct play back und record. Set up an area
for travelling performers, jugglers, animal acts, snake charmers, singers,
musicians, and cut these acts in. Film and tape from the festival, edited for
best material, could then be used at other festivals.

  Quite a lot of equipment and engineering to set it up. the festival could
certainly be enhanced if as many festival goers as possible bring portable
tape recorders and play back at the festival.

  Any message, music, conversation you want to pass around, bring
it pre-recorded on tape so everybody takes a piece of your tape home.

  Research project: to find out to what extent scrambled messages are
unscrambled, that is scanned  out  by experimental subjects. The simplest
experiments consists in playing back a scrambled message to subject. Message
could contain simple commands. Does the scrambled message have any command
value comparable to post-hypnotic suggestion? Is the actual content of the
message received? What drugs, if any, increase ability to unscramble
messages? Do subjects vary widely in this ability? Are scrambled
messages in the subject's own voice more effective than messages in other
voices? Are messages scrambled in certain voices  more easily unscrambled by
specific subjects? Is the message more potent with both word and image
scramble on video tape? Now to use, for example, a video tape message with a
unified emotional content. Let us say the message is fear. For this  we take
all the  past fear shots of the subject we can collect or evoke. We cut these
in with fear words and pictures, and threats, etc. This is all acted out and
would be upsetting in any case. Now let's try it scrambled and see if we can
get an even stronger effect. The subject's blood pressure, rate of heart
beat, and brain waves are recorded as we play back the scrambled tape.

  His face is photographed and visible to him on video screen  at all times.
the actual scrambling of the tape can be done in two ways. It can be a
completely random operation like pulling pieces out of a hat and if this is
done several consecutive units may occur together yielding an identifiable
picture of intelligible word. Both methods of course can be used at varying
intervals. Blood pressure, heart beat, and brainwave recordings will show the
operator what material is producing the strongest reaction, and he will of
course zero in. And remember that the subject can see his face at all times
and his face is being photographed. As the Peeping Tom said, the most
frightening thing is fear in your own face. If the subject becomes too
disturbed we have peace and safety tapes ready.

  Now here is a sex tape: This consists of a sex scene acted out by the ideal
sexual object of the subject and his ideal self image. Shown straight it
might be exciting enough, now scramble it. It makes a few seconds for
scrambled tapes to hatch out, and then? can scrambled sex tapes zeroing
in on the subject's reactions and brain waves result in spontaneous orgasm?
Can this be extended to other functions of the body? A mike secreted in the
water closet and all his shits and farts recorded and scrambled in with stern
nanny voices commanding him to shit, and the young liberal shits his pants on
the platform right  under  Old Glory. Could laugh tapes, sneeze tapes,
hiccough tapes, cough tapes, give rise to laughing sneezing, hiccoughing, and
coughing?

  To what extent  extent  can  physical illness be induced by scrambled tapes?
Take for example, a sound and color picture  of a subject with a cold. Later,
when the subject is fully  recovered, we take color and sound film of
recovered subject. We now scrambled  the cold pictures and sound track in
with present pictures  on  present pictures.  We also project  the  cold
pictures  on  present pictures. Now  we  try  using  some  of Mr. Hubbard's
reactive mind phrases which are supposed in themselves to produce illness. To
be me, to be you, to stay here, to stay there, to be a body, to be bodies, to
stay present, to stay past. now we scramble this in together and show it to
the subject. Could seeing and hearing this sound and image track, scrambled
down to very small units, bring about an attack of cold virus? Is such a cold
tape does actually produce an attack of cold virus, perhaps we have merely
activated  a  latent  virus. Many viruses, as you know, are latent in the
body and may be activated. We can try the same with coldsore, with hepatitis,
always remembering that we may be activating a latent virus and in no sense
creating a laboratory virus. However, we may be in a position to do this. Is
a virus perhaps simply very  small  units  of  sound  and  image? Remember
the only  image  a  virus has is the image and sound track it can impose on
you. The yellow eyes of jaundice, the postules of smallpox, etc. imposed on
you against your will. The same is certainly true of scrambled word and image
it can make you unscramble. Take a card, any card. This does not mean that it
is actually a virus. Perhaps to construct a laboratory virus we would need
both camera and sound crew and a biochemist as well. I quote from the
INTERNATIONAL PARIS TRIBUNE  an  article  on  the  synthetic  gene: "Dr. Har
Johrd Khorana has made a gene-synthetic."

  "It is the beginning of the end," this was the immediate reaction to this
news from the  science attache' at one of Washington's major embassies. "If
you can make genes you can eventually make new viruses for which there are no
cures. any little country with good biochemists could make such biological
weapons. It would take only a small laboratory. If it can be done, somebody
will do it. "For example, a death virus could be created that carries the
coded message of death. A death tape, in fact. No doubt the technical details
are complex and perhaps a team of sound and camera men working with
biochemists would give us the answer.

  And  now  the  question  as  to  whether  scrambling techniques could be
used to spread helpful and pleasant messages. Perhaps. On the other hand, the
scrambled words and tape  act like a virus in that they force something on
the subject against his will. More to the point would   be  to discover how
the old scanning patterns could be altered so that subject liberates his own
spontaneous scanning pattern.

  NEW SCIENTIST 2 July, 1970 ...Current memory theory posits a seven second
temporary "buffer store" preceding the main one: a blow on the head wipes out
memory of this much prior time because it erases the contents of the buffer.
Daedalus observes that the sense of the present also covers just this range
and so suggests that our sensory input is recorded on an endless time loop,
providing some seven seconds of delay for scanning before erasure. In this
time the brain edits, makes sense of,  and selects storage key features. The
weird DEJA VU sensation "now" has happened before is clearly due to brief
erasure failure,  so that we encounter already stored memory data coming
round  again. Time dragging or racing must reflect tape speed. A simple
experiment  will demonstrate  this  erasure process in operation. Making
street recordings  and playing them back, you will hear things  you do not
remember, sometimes said in a loud clear voice, must have been quite close
to you, nor do you necessarily remember them when you hear the recording
back. The sound has bee erased  according  to  a  scanning pattern which
is automatic. This means that what you notice and store as memory as you walk
down the street is scanned out of a much larger selection of data which is
then erased from the memory. For the walker the signs he passed, people he
has passed, are erased from his mind and cease to exist  for  him. Now to
make this scanning process conscious and controllable, try this:

  Walk down a city block with a camera and take what you notice, moving the
camera around as closely as possible to follow the direction of  your eyes.
The point is to make the the camera your eyes and take what your eyes are
scanning out of the larger picture. At the same time take the street at a
wide angle from a series of still positions. The street of the operator is,
of course, the street as seen by the operator. It is different from the
street seen at a wide angle. Much of it is in fact missing. Now you can make
arbitrary scanning patterns - that is cover first one side of the street and
then the other in accordance with a preconceived plan. So you are breaking
down  the automatic scanning patterns. You could also make colour scanning
patterns, that is, scan out green, blue, red, etc. in so far as you can with
your camera. That is, you are using an arbitrary preconceived scanning
pattern, in order  to break down automatic scanning patterns. a number of
operators do this and then scramble their takes together  and with wide angle
tapes. This could train the subject to see at a wider angle and also to
ignore and erase at will.

  Now all this is readily subject to experimental verification on control
subjects. Nor need the equipment be all on control subjects. Nor need the
equipment be all that complicated. I have shown how it could work with
feedback from brainwaves and visaaceral response and video tape photos of
subject taken while he is seeing and hearing the tape, simply to show
optimum effectiveness.

  You can start with two tape recorders. The simplest scrambling device is
scissors and splicing equipment. You can start scrambling words, make any
kind of tapes and scramble them and observe the effects on friends and on
yourself. Next step is sound film and then video camera. Of course results
from individual experiments could lead to mass experiments, mass fear tapes,
riot tapes, etc. The possibilities here for research and experiment are
virtually unlimited and I have simply made a few very simple suggestions

  "A virus is characterized and limited by obligate cellular parasitism. All
viruses must parasite living cells for their replication. For all viruses the
infection cycle comprises entry into the host, intracellular  replication,
and escape from the body of the host to initiate a new cycle in a fresh
host." I am quoting here from MECHANISMS  OF VIRUS INFECTION edited by Dr.
Wilson  Smith. In its wild state the virus has not proved to be a very
adaptable organism. Some viruses have burned themselves have burned out since
they were 100 per cent fatal and there were no reservoirs. Each strain of
virus is rigidly programed for certain attack on certain tissues. If the
attack fails, the virus does not gain a new host. There are, of course,
virus mutations, and the influenza virus has proved quite versatile in this
way.Generally it's the simple repitition of the same method of entry, and if
that method is blocked by any body or other agency such as interferon, the
attack fails. By and large,  our virus is a stupid organism. Now we can think
for the virus, devise a number of alternate methods of entry. For example,
the host is simutaneously attacked by an ally virus who tells him that
everything is allright and by a pain and fear virus. so the virus is now
using an old method of entry, namely, the tough cop and the con cop.

  We have considered the possibility that a virus can be activated or  even
created by very small units of sound and image. So concieved, the virus can
be made to order in the laboratory. Ah, but for the takes to be effective,
you must have also the actual virus and what is the actual virus? New viruses
turn up from time to time but from where do they turn up? Well, lets see how
we could make a virus turn up. We plot now our virus's symptoms and make a
scramble tape. The susceptible  subjects,  that  is  those  who reproduce
some of the desired symptoms, will then be scrambled into more  tapes till we
scramble our virus into existence. This birth  of  a virus occurs when our
virus is able to reproduce itself in a host and pass itself on to another
host. Perhaps, too, with the virus under laboratory control it can  be tamed
for useful purposes. Imagine, for example a sex virus. it so inflames the sex
centres in the back brain  that  the host is driven mad from sexuality, all
other considerations are blacked out Parks full of naked, frenzied people,
shitting, pissing, ejaculating, and screaming. So the virus could be
malignant, blacking out all regulation and end in exhaustion, convulsions, and
death.

  Now let us attempt the same thing with tape. We organize a sex-tape
festival. We organise a sex-tape festival.  100,000 people bring their
scrambled sex tapes, and video tapes as well, to scramble in together.
Projected on vast screens, muttering out over the crowd, sometimes it slows
down, so that you  see a few seconds,  then scrambled again, then slow down,
scramble. Soon it will scramble them all naked. The cops  and  the  National
Guard are   stripping  down.  LET'S GET OURSELVES SOME CIVVIES.  Now a thing
like that  could be messy, but those who survive it recover from the madness.
Or, say, a small select group of really like-minded people get together with
their sex tapes, you see the process is now being brought under control. And
the fact that anybody can do it is in itself a limiting factor.

  Here is Mr. Hart, who wants to infect everyone with his  own  image  and
turn them all into himself, so he scrambles himself and dumps himself out in
search of worthy vessels. If nobody else knows about scrambling  techniques
he might scramble himself quite a stable of replicas. but anybody can  do it.
So gon on, scramble your sex words, and find suitable mates.

  If you want to, scramble yourself out there, every stale joke, fart, chew,
sneeze, and stomach rumble. If your trick no work you better run. Everybody
doing it, they all scramble in  together  and the populations of the earth
just better settle down a nice even brown colour. Scrambles is the democratic
way, the way full cellular representation. Scrambles is the American way.

  I have suggested that virus can be created to order in the laboratory from
very small units of sound and image. Such  a  preparation is not in itself
biologically active  but  it  could  activate  or even create virus in
susceptible subjects. A carefully prepared jaundice tape could activate or
create  or  create  the jaundice virus in liver cells, especially in cases
where the jaundice liver is already damaged. The operator is in effect
directing  a virus revolution of the cells. Since DOR seems to attack those
exposed to it at the weakest point, release of this force could coincide with
virus attack. Reactive mind phrases could serve the same purpose of rendering
subjects more susceptible to virus attack.

It will be seen that scrambled speech already has many of the charictaristics
of virus. When the speech takes and unscrambles, this occurs compulsively and
against the will of the subject. A virus must remind you of its presence.
Whether it is the mag of a cold sore or the torturing spasms  of rabies  the
virus  reminds  you  of  its unwanted presence. "HERE ME IS."

  So does scrambled word  and image. The  units  are unscrambling
compulsively,  presenting  certain  words and images to the subject and this
repetitive presentation is irritating certain bodily and neutral areas. The
cells so irritated can produce over a period of time the biologic virus
units. We now have a new virus that can be communicated and indeed the
subject may be desparate to communicate this thing that is bursting inside
him. He is heavy with the load. Could this load be good and beautiful? Is it
possible to create a virus which will communicate calm and sweet
reasonableness? A virus must parasitise a host in order to survive. It uses
the cellular material of the host to make copies of itself. in most cases
this is damaging to the host. The virus gains entrance by fraud and
maintains itself by force. An unwanted guest who makes you sick to look at is
never good or beautiful. It is moreover a guest who always repeats itself
word for word take for take.

 Remember the life cycle of a virus ... penetration of a cell or activation
within the cell, replication within the cell, escape from the cell to invade
other cells, escape from host to infect a new host. This infection can take
place in many ways and those who find themselves heavy with the load of a new
virus generally use a shotgun technique to cover a wide range of infection
routes... cough, sneeze, spit and fart at every opportunity, Save shit, piss,
snot, scabs, sweat stained clothes and all bodily secretions for dehydration.
The composite dust can be unobtrusively billowed out a roach bellows in
subways, dropped from windows in bags, or sprayed out a crop duster ... Carry
with you at all times an assortment of vectors ... lice, fleas, bed bugs,
and little aviaries of mosquitoes and biting flies filled with your blood ...
I see no beauty in that.

  There is only one case of favourable virus influence benefiting an obscure
species of  Australien mice. On the other hand, if a virus produces no
damaging symptoms we have no way of ascertaining its existence and this
happens with latent virus infections. It  has  been  suggested  that yellow
races resulted from a jaundice- like virus which  produced a permanent
mutation not necessarily damaging, which was passed along genetically. The
same may be true of the word. The word itself may be a virus  that  has
achieved a permanent status  with  the host. However, no known virus in
existence at the present time acts in this manner, so the question of a
benefit virus remains open. It seems advisable to concentrate on a general
defence against all virus.

  Ron  Hubbard,  founder  of Scientology,  says  that certain words and word
combinations can produces serious illnesses and mental disturbances. I can
claim some skill in the scrivener's trade, but I cannot guarantee to write a
passage that will make someone physically ill. If Mr.Hubbard's claim is
justified, this is certainly  a  matter for further research, and we can
easily find out experimentally  whether  his  claim  is  justified  or  not.
Mr. Hubbard bases the power he attributes to words on his theory of engrams.
An engram is defined as word,sound,image recorded by the subject in a period
of pain and unconsciousness. Some of his material may be reassuring: "I think
he's going to be alright." Reassuring material is an  ally  engram. Ally
engrams, according to Mr Hubbard, are just as bad  as hostile as pain engrams.
Any part of this recording played back to the subject later will reactivate
operation  pain,  he  may  actually  develop a headache and feel depressed,
anxious, or tense. Well, Mr Hubbard's engram theory is very easily subject
to experimental verification. Take ten volunteer subjects, subject them to a
pain stimulus accompanied by certain words  and  sounds  and  images. You can
act  out little skits.

  "Quickly,  nurse ,  before I  lose  my  little  nigger,"  bellows
the  southern surgeon, and now  a beefy white hand falls on the  fragile
black  shoulder. "Yes, he's going to be alright. He's going to pull through."

  If I had my way I'd let these animals die on the operating table."

  "You do  not  have your way, you have your duty as a doctor, we must do
everything in our power to save human lives."

  And so forth.

  It is the tough cop and the con cop. The ally engram is
ineffective without the pain engram, just as the con cop's arm around your
shoulder, his soft persuasive voice  in  your  ear, are indeed sweet nothings
without the tough cop's blackjack. Now to what extent can words recorded
during medical unconsciousness  be  recalled during hypnosis  or
scientological processing? To what  Extent does the playback of this material
affect  the  subject  unpleasantly? Is  the     effect  enhanced    by
scrambling the material,  pain and ally, at very short intervals? It would
seem that a scrambled engram's picture could almost dump an operating scene
right in the subject's lap. Mr. Hubbard  has charted his version of what he
calls the reactive mind. This is roughly similar to Freud's ID, a sort of
built-in self defeating mechanism. As set forth by Mr. Hubbard this consists
of a number of quite ordinary phrases. He claims that reading these phrases,
or hearing them spoken, can cause illness, and gives this as his reason for
not publishing this material. Is he perhaps saying that these are magic
words? Spells, in fact? If so, they could be quite a weapon scrambled up with
imaginative sound-and-image  track.  Here now is the magic that turns men
into swine. To be an animal: a lone pig grunts, shits, squeals and slobbers
down garbage. To be animals: A chorus of a thousand pigs. Cut that in   with
video tape police  pictures and play it back to them and see if you get a
reaction from this so reactive mind.

  Now here is another. To be a body, well it's sure an attractive body, rope
the marks in. And a  nice body  symphony  to go with it, rythmic heart beats,
contented stomach rumbles. To be bodies: recordings and pictures of hideous,
aged, diseased  bodies farting, pissing, shitting, groaning, dying.  To do
everything:  man  in  a  filth  apartment  surrounded  by  unpaid  bills,
unanswered letters, jumps up and starts washing dishes and writing letters.
To do nothing: he slumps in a chair, jumps up, slumps in chair, jumps up.
Finally, slumps in a chair, drooling like an idiot  helplessness, while he
looks at the disorder piled around him. The reactive mind commands can also
be used to advantage with illness tapes. While projecting past   cold sore on
to the subject's face, and playing him back to him a past illness tape, you
can say: to be me, to be you, to stay here, to stay there, to be a body, to
be bodies, to stay in, to stay out, to stay present, to stay absent. To what
extent are these reactive mind phrases when scrambled effective in causing
disagreeable symptoms in control volunteer subjects? As to  Mr. Hubbard's
claim for the reactive mind, only research can give us the answers.