A press snippet detailing the exciting cool i-zone products and other
polaroidia we can see in the next couple of years:
Polaroid Corporation Outlines
Digital Strategy

-- Targets Growth in Mobile, Wireless Market --

NEW YORK -- February 1, 2000 -- Polaroid Corporation (NYSE: PRD) announced a
new digital strategy to develop products for the mobile, wireless market
that leverage the company’s technical expertise in instant imaging. Gary T.
DiCamillo, Polaroid chairman and chief executive officer, outlined that
strategy today to members of the media and financial communities in a
briefing at the New York Stock Exchange.

Polaroid and a number of industry experts foresee a coming explosion in the
creation and communication of digital images over the next several years.
Some estimates gauge the growth to be 10-fold with images driven not only by
digital cameras and scanners, but by personal digital assistants, set-top
boxes, streaming videos, the Internet and mobile cellular.

Polaroid is off to a strong start creating a presence in the digital imaging
business. The company sold more than 400,000 digital cameras last year,
establishing Polaroid as the number-one brand in the U.S. mass merchandising
channel, and among the top digital brands in all U.S. channels.

DiCamillo explained that Polaroid intends to produce an ongoing stream of
new products that will allow consumers to easily put images onto the
Internet and print them anytime, anywhere. "Our technology is not focused
simply on current instant film. We are using our technical expertise to
extend into media specifically designed for digital capture, transmittal,
and printing," he said.

In addition, Polaroid is creating new digital products on the commercial
side of its business, where a trend toward digital capture has added to the
product and revenue mix. DiCamillo cited the SP350 System – which retains
instant film output capability – and secure ID cards – such as driver's
licenses – as examples of Polaroid’s success in linking instant media with
digital technology. Also planned are new products for commercial
applications that leverage mass-market platforms.

Discussing the recent revitalization of Polaroid’s consumer business,
DiCamillo said that two of the company’s most recent successes – Polaroid
I-Zone and JoyCam – made several top-10 hot product lists this past holiday
season. I-Zone was the number-one selling camera in the United States for
the fourth quarter of 1999, as measured by Nielsen.

"We are reaching an entirely new customer segment. JoyCam and I-Zone users
skew heavily toward kids, teens and young adults, and they are largely
incremental to our existing customer base," he said.

DiCamillo noted that JoyCam and I-Zone users are more likely to trade up to
new cameras than users of traditional cameras. That results in multiple
camera purchases. "So we have changed our business model slightly, assuming
that each camera has a shorter lifespan and hence burns a proportionately
smaller number of film packs. Therefore, we are pricing our new cameras to
be much more profitable than our legacy line," he said.

In addition to DiCamillo, several other Polaroid executives presented their
perspectives, including Judith G. Boynton, executive vice president of
business development and chief financial officer; senior vice presidents
Sandra B. Lawrence and Paul E. Lambert; and vice presidents, Robert S.
Murray, Clifford P. Hall and Daniel S. Reid.

Today’s briefing follows last Wednesday’s announcement that Polaroid’s
fourth quarter revenues for 1999 totaled $650 million, up 20 percent from
the same period in 1998. For the full year, Polaroid’s sales were up seven
percent to $1.98 billion compared to $1.85 billion for 1998.

After the presentations, attendees enjoyed a chance to see an array of
Polaroid new products currently in the market or planned for launch within
the next 12 months. Included were:

I-Zone Pocket Combo Camera – It is two cameras in one: a digital camera for
sharing pictures on the web and a pocket camera for sharing pictures
instantly.

I-Zone Pocket Scanner – This small mobile scanner transforms I-Zone prints
and other small images into digital files for sharing on the Web.
Digital Instant Cameras – These represent Polaroid’s first truly mobile
digital instant cameras. They combine digital capture with instant prints.
They also produce high quality digital images that can be previewed,
instantly printed in any quantity, or stored on your personal computer.

1200i and 1200si – The first in a new line of cameras and film replacing
Spectra II and Spectra AF models, the 1200i and 1200si products will be
available for suggested retail prices of $89.99 and $99.99 respectively.

PhotoMAX PDC 1100 – This consumer-friendly "megapixel" digital camera from
Polaroid incorporates both megapixel resolution and 2X digital zoom,
providing cutting edge technology for an economical price. Available now
with a suggested list price of $299.
PhotoMAX Web Printer – Ideal for printing Polaroid instant photos from
digital files on your personal computer.

PhotoMAX Fun! Flash 640 Digital Camera Creative Kit – The kit includes a
digital camera offering high-quality images with a 640 X 480 resolution and
is bundled with PhotoMAX 3.0 Image Maker software. Available now for a
suggested retail price of $149.95.
PhotoMAX Fun! Digital 320 Creative Kit – For amateur photographers, children
and families, the kit includes an entry-level point-and-shoot digital camera
with a 320 X 240 resolution, as well as PhotoFantasy and PhotoMAX SE 2.1
Image Maker software. Available now for a suggested retail price of $59.95.

ID Card Printer – High-quality digital photo ID software that will allow you
to create secure, custom photo ID badges for your entire organization, right
from your personal computer.

SprintScan 45 Ultra – A multi-format digital film scanner that offers 2500
dpi, high-resolution images with a single pass in less than five minutes.
This professional scanner will be available for a suggested list price of
$9,995.

I-Zone Instant Pocket Cameras – A striking silver model joins the current
line of red, blue and green pocket cameras and is sure to appeal to older
teens and males. New colored translucent models revealing the internal
electronics of the camera will follow.

Licensed Pocket Cameras – These feature Tweety and Bugs Bunny and are
available now for a suggested retail price of $27.99. The Barbie® Instant
Pocket Camera comes with Barbie photo shoot "must haves," including a
compact mirror, comb, photo-frame key chain, and a built-in photo frame on
the bottom of the camera. It is currently available for a suggested retail
price of $27.99.

JoyCam – The ultimate party camera for teens and young adults will be
re-outfitted in silver for the new millennium. Soon available for a
suggested retail price of $24.99.
Polaroid Advanced Photo Systems (APS) – Four new APS cameras – 7100 FF, 7200
FF, 7300 AF, and 7500 Zoom – will be available for suggested retail prices
of $24.99, $29.99, $49.99, and $79.99 respectively.

Digital Macro 5 Adapter – It is an accessory designed to maintain Polaroid’s
leadership position in Instant Macro photography, such as in the dental
market, by utilizing digital technology.

Mobile Digital Printers/Cameras – These take advantage of both emerging
wireless technologies and the Internet. For example, one combination
features a wireless digital camera and mobile film printer resting in a base
station that also serves as a connection to the Internet.

PFS-100 scanner – A very small, affordable "digital camera for your finger,"
the PFS-100 provides positive user authentication by taking advantage of a
person’s unique finger image to produce a highly secure and complex
equivalent to a personal identification number (PIN). It is ideal for
ensuring secure, authorized access to personal computers and is very
user-friendly -- nothing new to remember and as simple as pressing a
doorbell.
Polaroid Corporation, with annual sales of approximately $2 billion, is the
worldwide leader in instant imaging. Polaroid supplies instant photographic
cameras and films; digital imaging hardware, software, and media; secure
identification systems; sunglasses and polarizers to markets worldwide.

"JoyCam," "Polaroid," "Polaroid I-Zone," "Polaroid PhotoMAX" and "Spectra"
are trademarks of Polaroid Corporation. Looney Tunes, characters, names and
all related indicia are trademarks of Warner Bros. BARBIE is a trademark
owned by and used under license from Mattel, Inc. All other product names
may be the property of their respective owners.

This release contains "forward-looking statements" about Polaroid’s future
performance. There are, however, a number of factors that can affect the
company’s future prospects and progress. These include, among other things,
the company’s past net loss position and level of debt; the restrictions
imposed by the company’s debt on its financial flexibility; possible failure
to reduce cycle time; the highly competitive markets; the effects of
customer concentration; emerging markets; foreign exchange rate
fluctuations; the possible impact of contract manufacturing, raw materials,
and supplies; loss of patents and trademarks; potential exposure to
environmental liabilities; dependence on key personnel. Please refer to the
cautionary statements contained in the "Factors that could Affect Future
Results" section of the company’s 10-K and 10-Q filings for a more detailed
explanation of the inherent limitations in such forward-looking statements.