On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Sol Nte wrote:

> Indeed today Brad writes:
>
> >mailing lists should not be censured; especially arts lists!   /:b<
>
> The reality is that we have 2 main types of online discussion forums:
> newsgroups and lists: newsgroups are totally open and unmoderated, lists are
> moderated.

No. (This is an old fallacious argument in favor of censure.) Most lists
are _not 'moderated.' These lists achieve their own *collectively inherent
and interesting vitality/direction.

> Brad, I think Fluxlist is pretty fair about these kind of things, you may
> remember your own similarly insulting behaviour towards Saul Ostrow on this
> list in the past (4th August 1999 to be exact).

A little emotion can be a good thing. Seems you don't choose to recall
_his abusive tirades.... but, I see, _he's also in your "inner fluxlist
censure circle." (What you also don't realize, presumably, is his
several-years'-long sad-feud with me on various lists. He's even stooped
to forging posts in my name.) Even your now-dead high-fluxist-priest
advocated censuring my ideas online... and all this I don't mind but ONLY
if the lists are truly open, free and democratic.

Free Fluxlist Now!

/:b