personally i find what Heiko wrote very beautiful:

        "So slow.  How he traveled.  So much detail."

        though there's a good clue there:  the slowness makes for the
        attention with "so much detail"

        just as conversely the speed of attention, which is condensed into
        the short phrases, "covering so much ground" so to speak:

            "So slow.
               How he traveled.
                     So much detail"

        --dave baptiste