hi reed (and all),

i am thrilled that there is at least an interest in returning this board to
discussions of fluxus. i lost all hope after someone claimed they were more
fluxus than either ken or eric. perhaps it was a joke that i didn't get. i
also delete most of the fluxlist messages without reading them, simply
because of their titles. when most of the original (if not all) fluxus
artists have tired of using the name, why bother trying to keep it alive.

the rebuke will be that this board is forward thinking and is more
interested in new ideas and work. if that is the case, why bother stealing
the fluxus name? start a new movement if necessary. the final straw came
when i saw an artist listing his own work on sale for ebay as a fluxus work.
very manipulative.

all i really hope to get out of this board is the occasional annoucement of
something; a new catalogue, a retrospective, etc. stimulating discussion
about fluxus (not in a fluxus vein, thank you) would be a bonus. i keep
thinking that the Backstreet Boys digest (i'm sure there is one) doesn't
have a zillion members all believing they are part of the band.

and so i announce things pertaining to fluxus from the space where i work. i
do not consider this spam as art metropole is a non-profit, artist run
centre with a thirty year history and close ties to fluxus/mail art thru the
foudners General Idea and their magazine File.

anyway, now that i've made some more enemies:

the something else press show will run for four weeks, begining on october
26 in toronto. most titles will be for sale. the less known volumes will
hopefully sell at prices less than bibliofind, but the rarer volumes will be
priced at market value. the show will be augmented with ephemera, the great
bear pamphlets, etc.

the website is www.artmetropole.org.

yours,

dave