This was sent to me this morning and I thought that it had
Fluxus potential and that some of you on the list might want
to participate.

Owen

Subject: summer solstice
Celebrate the solstice in a meaningful way!!  This
could be fun!

Regardless of your politics, please consider
participating in a demonstration of conservation... it
could make a difference. Mark your calendar to
remember!

VOLUNTARY ROLLING BLACKOUT
THE SUMMER SOLSTICE, JUNE 21, 2001 THURSDAY, 7-10pm
worldwide, all time zones

As an alternative to George W. Bush's "energy
policies" and lack of emphasis on efficiency,
conservation and alternative fuels, there will be a
voluntary rolling blackout on the first day of summer
(summer solstice), June 21 at 7pm - 10pm in any time
zone (this will roll it across the planet).

Its a simple protest and a symbolic act. Turn out your
lights from 7pm-10pm on June 21. Unplug whatever you
can unplug in your house. Light a candle, kiss and
tell or not, take a stroll in the dark, invent
stories, anything that's not electric - have fun in
the dark.

Forward this email as widely as possible, to your
government representatives and environmental contacts.
Let them know we want global education, participation
and funding in conservation, efficiency and
alternative fuel efforts -- and an end to
overexploitation and misuse of the earth's resources.
Say no to more nuclear reactors, oil drilling in the
Arctic, and excessive oil drilling and fossil fuel
consumption in general.