I performed the following on a public sidewalk in Seattle on June 9, 2001.

Arrangement for Scrap Metal : A Composition in Two Parts
Part 1 - Place pieces of scrap metal in a line on the ground.
Part 2 - Pick up the pieces in the order in which they were placed.

Other than one advance post on Fluxlist (on June 8)
there was no prior publicity. The scrap metal consisted of approximately 450
pocket-sized pieces of metal, mostly picked up on the streets of Seattle
over the past year - screws, washers, bolts, bits of wire, jewelry, keys,
etc.

I will soon have a more detailed document prepared about the event.
If you would like a copy, let me know.

If you want a text-only e-mail, send me your e-mail address.

If you want a printed version (a xerographic booklet), send me your postal
address.

Tom G.
Seattle

(I tried to send this earlier with an attachment but it seems to have not
made it through. I'm sending it again without the attachment. Sorry if
you've received this twice.)