>can someone s'plain me why my site worked with IE and not Netscape?

then I can try and fix it.

thanks to all for your kind comments and patience!<

Hi Alan,

People have already identified the fact that your slashes were the wrong way
round. However the best way to avoid stuff not working under Netscape is to
install Netscape on your machine as well as IE so you can test in both
browsers before you upload. Even then you may still get the occasional error
but by and large it makes life a lot easier having both major browsers
installed. I know there're a few other browsers out there too like Opera but
I think if something works okay in IE and Netscape then it's okay. Of course
Lynx is a whole other matter ;-)

BTW - Pictures were much enjoyed by me in IE, nice bit of hobnobbing with
the flux and famous :-

cheers,

Sol.