Dear Heiko,

Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

>  what did you or do you think of Dick Higgins ?

Dick was one of my best friends. A great artist and scholar.

> Al Hanson ? Was he an "artist" ?
> Which works would you say are "art" ? (I liked the early theoretical things
> on Happenings most.
> And his sentence: I dont like artists who make other artists bad.)

Sure, I consider Al to be an artist and all his works to be art. Also I
don't like artists who make other artists bad.

> To be an "artist", thats mostly a personal view of others.

I don't think so. There is generally quite a lot of respect among
artists, - inspite of differences and disagreements. However, when
people in desperate need for some kind of identity or feeling of
belonging show up to adhere, - it seldomly works.

>  Both praised Mr M very much.

So do I.

> What do you think of Als pornographic stuff ? I think such stuff was once
> topic in fluxus politics. There we can see allready some peoples lameness...

I  also liked Als pornographic stuff. There is no such thing as a fluxus
politic.

All the bests
Eric