I proposed this to other mailing lists but I'd like to
present it here as well.

My idea is to make an event of eating at a middle eastern
owned restaurant in the next week, and possibly on a regular
basis afterward, with as many people as you can.

1. It brings money to these businesses which will
suffer needlessly as xenophobia inevitably grows rampant,
in particular racism against middle easterners.

2. It will make part of their culture, the food, into your
own.

3. You will have dinner with your friends, and at this
point this should be considered momentous.

4. It shows a solidarity in the face of witch hunts- that we
are not afraid, that we believe in people regardless of race,
and that we would rather be kind and wrong than vile and right.

-e.