Alright... here's the skinny on the handmade deck / 1 year game:

The project is still in development and gathering participants.  These are the basics:
-I send out one card from a deck to each of 51 participants. (With the 52nd being
myself.)
-Each participant affects their card -- paint/write on, collage, whatever -- either
leaving the number and
suit visible, or  by writing "jack of clubs" or what have you very small at the
bottom, or otherwise
indicating what card it is.
-Each participant returns their card to me, and I assemble the completed deck.
-I will play with the deck and send it on to another participant, along with a full
list of participants &
their addresses.  Each person will play with the deck, then send it on to the next
person.  The idea is
to have the deck "in play" for one week per participant, making 52 weeks -- one year
of play with the
collaboratively created deck.

***VARIABLES / THINGS I'VE NOT YET DECIDED ON:***
-Will the week consist of 2 to 5 days mailing time, with the remaining days for play?
... Or will the
mailing time not count, giving each person a week of possession & play that counts
toward the year?
-Will one side or both sides be affected?  Better playability with only the face
decorated, but not as
open or interesting.  More possibilities with full-card-manipulation, but will make
deck memorizable.
--Possible solution to double-sided decoration playability problem: If both sides
affected, no one can
look at deck before game is played.  This will give one "honest" game at least.

Gimme addresses!

Free 20MB Web Site Hosting and Personalized E-mail Service!
Get It Now At Doteasy.com http://www.doteasy.com/et/