On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 12:08 PM, John M. Bennett wrote:

mIEKAL:
This morning i dropped into the mail to you a cassette tape, very lo-fi, of 2 short pieces. My good recording equipment is not working; i think the processor is kaput and i think also my 15-yr old maybe did something to the mixer he borrowed (or I couldn't get it hookedup right again), bla bla bla

Anyway, can you or anyone else reccommend a fairly dummyproof good recording device or system, that doesn't require a computer? That's not horribly expensive?

I would go with a mini-disc recorder, there are many flavors & quite a price range, but they are hard to beat for portability & good ambient recording possibilities...

The voice from the dark ages,
John