From: "John M. Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: Please welcome Scott Kuchler/Fluxedo Junction
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 07:59:56 -0400

I like living in the "wastelands" also - lots of space here, both physical and psychic - lets the mind expand...
John

At 09:55 AM 5/31/2003 -0400, you wrote:
South Dakota was a cultural wasteland when Ken came to visit in 1975. (at least an "experimental art" wasteland) Such is Knox County, Ohio, where I live now. I think those who discount Ken's contributions to Fluxus are missing the boat. They may be thinking all is fine where they live and work. But Ken had the courage to go off by himself. His goal was to visit all 50 states if I recall. He looked in South Dakota and in South Carolina while visiting me in those places. IT'S DIFFICULT TO FIND OPEN MINDED PEOPLE in the heartland, USA. I've always felt you didn't have to be the greatest artist in the world to contribute something back in your own community. Tha's what I'm trying to do. Sales and Jon Hendricks be ------!
-Don Boyd

__________________________________________ Dr. John M. Bennett Curator, Avant Writing Collection Rare Books & Manuscripts Library The Ohio State University Libraries 1858 Neil Av Mall Columbus, OH 43210 USA

(614) 292-3029
[EMAIL PROTECTED]