---Hey, those "two large threatening men" could have
been the eccentric millionaire Saatchi Bros. creeping
up to offer you thousands of dollars to replicate your
art in their asbestos penthouse! You could have blown
your chance for the BIG TIME! Quel horreur!

Michael

 David-Baptiste Chirot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
---------------------------------

Hello All--

am going to ask friend who works at huge place here in
Milwaukee--making salads for delis and the never
ending festivals begining this weekend with Pride Fest
and going all summer until Indian Summer Fest in
September--they are working overtime for sure!--will
ask him re the ambrosia and go check out the deli
counters-

going by your description i am pretty sure have eaten
it at a grill out--it had a very non-organic taste and
consistency--chemical, for sure! and a psychedilic
appearance--in the Midwest there are so many events
where one sees an immense array of jello art--there
are even competitions--the uses of colors, fruits,
shapings, molds--is astounding!--

a friend of mine in vermont used to make a brew he
called ambrosia--homebrew he mixed honey into--the
idea was to use it to wash down peyote buttons and
spend the afternoon hobnobbing with the various
manifestations of God/Goddesses--

since i work a lot in streets and alleys and in the
past in yards and abandoned buildings, subway tunnels
and underneath girders of railroad bridges--have had
many encounters with the Law--and have had to dream up
reasons for why i am doing what am doing--since i am
not damaging property, i can't be charged with
that--and trespassing is dubious--since an alley in a
sense doesn't belong to anyone--sometimes i just say i
am doing things for a class proejct--in art or in
history--local history as use junk from milwaukee
streets and sites--since had a show reviewed in the
big daily paper last summer--i carry a moth eaten dog
eared copy of it with me--and it explains in a rubber
stamp way that i do indeed work in alleys and have
indeed ben shown in a gallery--

work on smaller scales these days--when first started
with the junk, built a huge monument out of all sorts
of gleaming car and motorcycle parts, mylar, hubcaps,
spray paint, dolls had found, broken radios and so
forth--(it rose to abt twelve feet in height)- this
was dedicated to the Italian chemist who had
synthesized amphetemines in the 1920s--that was torn
down by irate neighbors--they in fact trespassed!--to
smash it to pieces--undaunted, i replaced it with a
shrine to the espresso coffee maker--this lasted a
little longer before again maruauding angry citizens
took it into their beer and cocaine addled minds to
savagely attack it--and lay it waste in ruins--which
went into making further projects--this time in
abandoned house--

so many tales one cd recount--sometimes the police,
often concerned citizens of the officious and/or
beligerant sort--yuppies i have found to be the most
dangerous, always--the most oriented towards the
sanctitiy of the material environment--in terms of
possesion, ownership, surveillance--

then there are the outright dangerous ones--long long
ago working away in a cul-de-sac--by a wall dimlit
from grubby old streetlamps--was aware of two shadows
growing ever larger before my eyes as working on
section of a wall--soon and sure enough, could hear
footsteps getting very near--two large threatening
men--so whirled around and sprayed paint in their
eyes--and left--to sounds of their screaming--served
them right!--never interupt an artist at work!

on a more peaceful note, will go to the deli and
calmly ask them about ambrosia--little will anyone
know this is --"for an art project"! (fluxlist!)--

as if asked i will say it is for my "auntie's"
upcoming fiftieth anniversary of the death of her
first husband--which she was cleared of suspicion of
in aiding his passage to the Better World--

("auntie" is legion--so many times here someone
dubious being questioned as to their mission--and
answering, it's for my auntie--someday i think auntie
should have her most richly deserved shrine of her
own!)

if i can find some images of ambrosia will send --i
found recently a 1952 Borden's Eagle Brand Recipe
Book--the photos, in color, are beyond surrealism--of
the various cakes, fruit bearing concoctions--they
look like pure plastic, in horrendous off-colors--some
look like the colors on old De Sotos--and the post
1956 Nash Ramblers-

onwo/ards!