Ah, Soseki!  Have you read Kokoro?  That was my first Soseki.  If you have any
interest in Japanese youth literature (of about 20 years ago, admittedly) I recommend
Almost Transparent Blue by Ryu Murakami.  It was touted as the Japanese Clockwork
orange.  It wasn't quite that good, but still very interesting and worth a look.

Recent (worthwhile) reading:

Wilson by David Mamet (intentionally confounding, but worth the effort - quite
hilarious)

Imaginative Qualities of Actual Things by Gilbert Sorrentino

Americana by Don Delillo

Life Turns Man Up and Down: High Life, Useful Advice, and Mad English - African Market
Literature, edited by Kurt Thometz (This is out of print but still findable -  it's
too wonderful to describe.)