The whole thing seems kinda like Fluxus happening circa 1963, at it's most perverse. I've been trying to come up with all the possible subtle ways to infiltrate the shooting with our brand of culture jamming. Obvious things are to plaster all the walls with art, slogans, pancakes.... install sound sculptures, invite the weird friends over at inopportune times. But, quite truthfully I have severe reservations about the whole thing, even tho my partner & my son are totally gungho. The show seems to be focused on psychological & idealogical clashes & tensions between people from very different backgrounds, which I really shy away from & have little interest in. I'm trying to get to the point where I can have fun with it & not be scared its gonna fuck up my life. It would be quite interest to hear other ideas about subverting this thing, especially from folks who have experience with mainstream media....

On Jan 4, 2006, at 8:53 PM, Allan Revich wrote:

1) it could be a lot of fun
2) It might be very Fluxus
3) If I were you, I'd be reluctant to do it. No matter what you want to get
across, the producers will televise only what "makes good TV".
4) On the other hand... if your flux is very powerful - who knows what might
happen!

Allan

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:owner- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of mIEKAL aND
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:30 PM
To: FLUXLIST@scribble.com
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: Some things I did today

I was contacted today by the casting producer of WIFESWAP, a reality
TV show on ABC which takes the wife out of one house & put's her in
the family of someone quite opposite.  This is potentially extreme
Fluxus.  The producer insists that its a good way to get your message
out to 10 million people.  Everybody in our circle says we should do
it, but I'm still not convinced.

2006 is gonna be different,

~mIEKAL