Cecil,

Well at least you are half-right!

Allan

From: owner-FLUXLIST@scribble.com [mailto:owner-FLUXLIST@scribble.com] On Behalf Of Cecil Touchon
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 3:59 PM
To: FLUXLIST@scribble.com
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: Something and something well made at that

Allan,
I know and you know and everybody knows what is worth hanging on a wall - there is no supposing to it. On some walls I am sure nothing whatsoever is the very best solution. On many walls millions of things are worth hanging on them. On a museum wall some things, on a bathroom wall other things or perhaps nothing. On an exterior wall shadows are always a good choice. There is no challenge for an artist to merely withdraw and put forward nothing as the solution for being the most worth it thing and defer to the architect.

Why should more be added you ask? becuase many of the unworth it things hanging on walls everywhere should be removed making space for more of the right things. If there is too much that is not worthless enough to through away, then it is time for storage closets so that works can be rotated. Anything that stays in storage too long or never comes back out may not be worth hanging on a wall, at least not for you but who are you to say it isn't worth it for somebody else? If you are so luck to have a wall then you and no one else has the privilage to be in control of what to hang on it. None of us are in control of what you hang on your wall. That's up to you my friend. If you are afraid of making the wrong choice then you can submit proposals to the Department of Approval of the international post dogmatist group and they well give you approval for a small fee.
cecil
http://postdogmatist.com

Allan Revich wrote:

Cecil,

How can you suppose to know what "something worth hanging up on a wall" is?
Who put you (or anybody - not just you, but me, or Alan, or any of us) in
charge of making the decision about what is "worth looking at"? Nothing
looks pretty good on many walls.

I like the things on my walls. In all honesty I would feel honoured to have
the things that you make on my walls too. But that's not the point. I think
it is much more challenging to think about nothing. The world has enough
stuff to go around. Why should I add more?

Allan