Very nice with that cassette pulling trick!
/Björn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kamen Nedev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <FLUXLIST@scribble.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: FLUXLIST: no rock #1

This was actually a performance piece - well, part of a performance
suite I was in. A joint project between the Circo Interior Bruto and
Discoteca Flaming Star (http://www.discotecaflamingstar.com). The
whole suite was about rock. Or "rawk". Or "cockrock". Or whatever.
The thing is the audience were in the venue, there was a stage, a
lightshow, but nothing happened on the stage, all the events were
within/inside/behind the audience.

This was the script (if I can call it that way) of a piece I did on
the stage, closing the show. The setting was that of a singer/
songwriter, me with a mike and an acoustic guitar I would pretend to
be tuning. Everything else was meant to sound like between-song chit-
chat, and the audience was expecting a song to start. Instead they
got this (in Spanish). The story kidn of turns around itself,
changing only slightly at each repetition. I would be tuning and
detuning the guitar while doing this.  It went on for a good ten
minutes.

Then there was an audio trick, one of my favourite lo-fi audio
resources: the whole thing was being recorded on a shitty cassette
deck I had previously tampered with. At the end of the piece, I would
stand up, press the "pause" and "play" buttons, and pull out the tape
from the cassette canister, literally unwinding it and playing back
the recording at variable speed, pulling the tape throughout the
audience.

I liked that piece. I liked the whole project - it is still one of my
favourites. That was back in November 2001.

I'm glad it stands its ground as a text, too.

Cheers!

Kamen

P.S. Obviously, it's "Walk On The Wild Side"