Hi Rod,
Thanks for the lesson! I think I got it. So the restriction only carries to the following line and then you start over fresh right? Not to the rest of the poem right? and when you say not *followed* by as in "next (in order) you find a word that has an "E", but not followed by a "P":" does that mean directly followed by or do you mean the whole line of text can't contain that letter at all?

you say " You can't have any words that already have the following meso letter."

so
all words in line one would contain no E
line two no P
line three no R
etc.

is that right?

and then make no corerections to tense or add any 'bridge material'.

You say " it 'implies" the context of the original without including all of the words."

So are you saying that you would leave out anywords from a found phrase that has the offending letter and otherwise keep the other words?

Sorry that the lines got out of place when posted.
Cecil

Rod Stasick wrote:

Hi Cecil,

The first word "Reparation" can't be used because it already contains your next letter "E" (rEparation). You can't have any words that already have the following meso letter.

I don't know what your original text was, so I can't do what you wanted to do, BUT I can create a mesostic based on "repressive guidance" and the text that you just gave us.
Actually, it'll be unfinished because I don't have enough of your text.

First you look for a word that has an "R" but DOESN'T have the following "E": ouR

next (in order) you find a word that has an "E", but not followed by a "P":

                govErnment

then, a "P" not followed by an "R":

                inausPicious
etc...BUT, any "wing words" (words outside the word that has the mesoletter) can't have the following letter either, so this is part of it's genius - it 'implies" the context
of the original without including all of the words.

                ouR
                   govErnment
                 inausPicious
               to libeRty
                  Engage in counterproductive, immoral
                    baSed
               fundamentalS
                  In contra-distinction to tyranny.

I had to stop there, because even tho there are about 5 more words with the letter "V" in them, each one of them is followed by the letter "E" and therefore cannot be used.

This is an example of a 50% mesostic. The 100% mesostic limits your word choices even more.

Also, being true to it's nature, no words are normally given written changed "tenses." The found tenses are kept. It has the distinct advantage of keeping (or giving) the text "life" - an ever changing perspective that brings new ideas and doesn't necessarily adhere to the "old" ones.

Hope this helps!

Rod