From: "Allan Revich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FLUXLIST" <FLUXLIST@scribble.com>
Subject: FLUXLIST: Double cHaiku Event
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:00:35 -0400

Write a cHaiku (a Haiku is OK too)

Google a line of the poem in "Google News"

Choose one or two short sentences from the article and copy them below the
haiku

Choose 5-7-5 or 3-6-9 phrases from the sampled sentences to write a new
cHaiku/Haiku

Example:

don't play safe
it is just nature's way
some days are better than other days

(Google Search:  http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en
<http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en&ned=ca&ie=UTF-8&q=it+is+just+nature%27s+wa
y&btnG=Search+News>
&ned=ca&ie=UTF-8&q=it+is+just+nature%27s+way&btnG=Search+News)

The seagulls are abandoning the coast for the bright lights of the city
because they have found rich pickings on streets and landfill sites. He
played down any Hitchcockian overtones but said staff advised people walking
through the courtyard at City Hall to watch out.

The seagulls
They have found rich pickings
Courtyard at City Hall to watch out

(source story: