Norm, what version of the PGF compiler are you using? We're using 3.2-4a at
GFDL, with which all our codes compile cleanly here, but a user had "significant
trouble" compiling one of our FMS-based ocean models (MOM4-beta) with version
3.3-2.

Thanks!

Brian

Norm Wood wrote:

> All,
>
> I thought I'd post a quick note to see if anyone else had yet
> run into this particular error.
>
> While compiling shared/mpp/mpp_domains.F90, pgf90 gives the messages
> shown below (I've wrapped the lines).  The code's been updated
> with the files Brian provided for Portland Group, although
> this particular file wasn't affected.
>
> Lowering Error: unknown source type for conversion to integer
>     [ast=6956,asttype=10,datatype=582]
> Lowering Error: unknown source type for conversion to integer
>     [ast=6968,asttype=10,datatype=582]
> PGF90-F-0000-Internal compiler error. Errors in Lowering
>    2 (/home/norm/Working/GFDL_FMS/FMS_solo/fms_src/shared/
>        mpp/mpp_domains.F90: 779)
>
> Line 779 is the "contains" statement in subroutine
> mpp_define_domains1D().
>
> This occurred with just the basic preproc/compile flags from
> mkmf.template.pgi, i.e.,
>
> pgf90 -Duse_netCDF -Duse_libMPI -c -Ifms_src/shared/mpp
>    fms_src/shared/mpp/mpp_domains.F90
>
> I wish pgf90 would provide some more details, using the
> "-Minform,inform" flag didn't provide any additional details
> on this particular problem.  Is the error the result of an
> attempt to convert a user-defined type to an int?  Any
> pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Norm
begin:vcard
n:Gross;Brian
tel;fax:609-987-5063
tel;work:609-452-6597
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~bdg
org:DOC/NOAA/OAR/GFDL
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Physical Scientist
adr;quoted-printable:;;Princeton University=0D=0AForrestal Campus, US Route 1=0D=0AP.O. Box 308		;Princeton;NJ;08542;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-24992
fn:Brian Gross
end:vcard