> Ralph Hoehn:
> 1 - Make a flat left and right circle-section sleeve of deck material, its
> inner circumference sewn to the inner circumference of the cockpit hole in
> the deck material.

> 2 - Flat aluminium circle-sections can be pushed in from slots in the rear of
> the coaming, meet at a seam at the front and have small overlapping tabs in
> the rear, which stop them from slipping out or from slipping over each other.
> (The sections must be true sections of a circle or they will not easily go
> into the sleeves!)

> This solution works well on the "Moell", originally designed by Herbert
> Slanar and commercially produced by GESA, pictures of which can be admired on
> Marian Gunkel's website. The latter reports that the arrangement works well,
> providing a good seal and good security.

Well, it *almost* works. It might be a matter of the firm fit of my (old) sprayskirt,
but it takes
me forever to put the sprayskirt on. I suspect it is a matter of the length of the
P-leg (tm by
Stefano :-)) which is too short. The coaming is laying flat on the deck material. I
have to lift it
up to push the sprayskirt under it which is a PIA when your fingers are cold and wet.

I might try and make some aluminium pieces slightly narrower than the existing ones,
thus providing
a longer P-leg. I am certainly exchanging my sprayskirt with a newer one since I am
also going to
add a sea sock to the coaming. Right now, there is not enough space for both sea sock
and
sprayskirt.

Regards,
Marian