> Stefano: The springy material should be narrow strips, in my view, placed
on the
> leg
> of the P to keep the coaming + leg of the p assembly from becoming an
> "o".
> Get the idea ?? Perhaps narrow strips of aluminum (but metal is not my
> choice here) or even strips of very thin glued plywood (aircraft type)
> mught fit the need. Some brains stroming here is needed...

I liked Michael's idea a lot. Simple to achieve and it should work IMO.
Looks like I have to grab those PVC stuff laying in the basement and start
glueing ...

> My sea sock (I've never seen one, so it's just from descriptions that
I've
> sewn my own) has a shock cord, 5 mm, around the rim. The cord is spliced
> so there are no bumps. Stretchable flat material is an idea actually,
There
> is a rubbery non slip coated material which is meant to be sewn on women
> panties (like self-hold up garters...) and is sold where buttons, fabric,
> thread etc are sold.
> You may want to try it. It takes less space than the shock cord
> (stretched this is about 3.5 mm.

Uhm, so many choices to make for something as simple as a sea sock!!!

> PS what a beatiful kayak you have !! great job also in re-skinning. Maybe
> after launching mine we can convene somewhere in Europe ?

Great idea! I always seem to travel around (that's what some people say, at
least) so a trip together would certainly be possible.

There is a yearly meeting of kayak self-builders (mainly traditional
skin-on-frame kayaks and baidarkas, wooden kayaks but also some folders) in
the North of Germany in the Baltic Sea (might be at the North Sea Coast
next year). The meeting is called "Holz, Gummi, Leinen" (Wood, Rubber,
Linen) and usually takes place in September. Enough time to complete your
folder, Stefano!

Marian

Marian Gunkel
Rostock, Germany