I think some recent work by Sean McDirmid may be of interest to the FoNC
audience.

Coding at the Speed of Touch
http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/4257

This paper describes a programming language with a tile-based development
environment designed for use in tablets. The 'type system', such as it
exists, involves constraints on which tiles can peacefully coexist, and is
used to achieve intelligent suggestions. The language itself is
prototype-based and describes 'continuous' behaviors suitable for animating
characters in a simulation or game. There's a lot of interesting variety for
everyone.

Abstract: