Please forgive - not a physicist.

Ian mentioned something about a Bose-Einstein Condensate for computer
programming once, and this really jumped out at me.

I've seen math and I've seen biology applied, at least in metaphor, to our
problems. I can't think of a lot of stories about applying physics to these
troubles, and I wonder why.

I keep hearing about purely mathematical type systems. I will admit that being
focused on "type" seems to have been a bit of an intellectual digression for
me, perhaps because the Air Force base really wanted me to take classes
centered on Ada, and when I eventually found Smalltalk, I felt almost a sense
of relief.

I don't think I've ever seen a set of types that looked anything like #(strong
weak electro slipperyGraviton) asSet. Maybe it's because this is too much like
a type system for an assembly language?

I probably don't have sufficient command of these fields to even ask smart
questions. I'm asking anyway.

With the discussion of "particles and fields" it seems at least topical.

Any takers?