But, that's exactly the cause for concern! Aside from the fact of
Smalltalk's obsolescence (which isn't really the point), the Squeak plugin
could never be approved by a 'responsible' sysadmin, *because it can run
arbitrary user code*! Squeak's not in the app store for exactly that
reason. You'll notice how crippled the allowed 'programming apps' are. This
is simple strong-arm bully tactics on the part of Apple; technical problems
 "solved" by heavy-handed legal means. Make no mistake, the iPad is the
anti-Dynabook.

-- Max