I read that post about constraints and kept thinking that it should be
the infrastructure for the next generation of systems development, not
art assets :)

In my mind it should be possible to input really fuzzy constraints
like "It should have a good looking, blog-like design"
A search engine would find a set of implications from that statement
created by designers and vetted by their peers. Some browsing and
light tweaking and there, I have a full front-end design provided for
the system.

Then I add further constraints. "Available via http://blahblah.com/
and be really cheap", again the search engine will find the implied
constrains and provide options among the cheaper cloud providers. I
pick one of them and there provisioning is taken care of.

I guess the problem is to come up with a way to formalize all this
knowledge experts are sitting on into a representation usable by that
search engine. But could this not be done implicitly from the act of
selecting a match after a search?

Say some solution S derived from constrains A,B,C is selected in my
search. I have constraint A,B and D as input. By implication the
system now knows that S is a solution to D.

BR,
John