On 12/22/2012 5:52 PM, Julian Leviston wrote:
Thank you, captain obvious.

Man is a three-centered (three-brained if you will) being. Focussing on only one of the brains is by definition imbalanced.

Bring back the renaissance man.

so, if, say, a person likes computers, but largely lacks either an emotional or creative side, is this implying that computers somehow took away their emotions and creativity, or is it more likely the case that they didn't really have them to begin with?...

like, a person after a while, observing that they rarely feel much of anything, no longer have much of any real sense of romantic interest, have little intrinsic creative motivation, are unable to understand symbolism, tend to see the world in a literal manner, ...

and, then wonder: "so it is? what now?..."

doesn't really seem like it is the computer's fault anymore than a person also noting that they are also partially color-blind.

unless I have missed the point?...

a more obvious downside though is that generally, doing lots of stuff on a computer keeps the user nailed down to their chair. even though they might realize that getting up and doing stuff might be better for their health, doing so is time away from working on stuff...

I guess a mystery then would be if, some time in the future, there will be ways of using computers which don't effectively require the users to be sitting in a chair all day (ideally without compromising either the user experience or capabilities). (granted, yes, traditional exercise can be tiring/unpleasant though...).

as for the mentioned practice, it seems like it could conflict with a persons' religious beliefs (many people consider these types of things as being occult).

more often a person might do something like memory-verses or similar instead (like, memorize and recite John 3:16 or similar, ...).

or such...

Julian