I would hope that something like
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_notationcould be used to specify
computer systems.  No, I've never used Z
notation.  It looks like WSDL 2.0 contains it.  Cucumber seems more
practical, but along the same lines.  I've never used Cucumber either.  The
problem is that specification languages seem to include extra overhead.
One has to prove productivity.  That is the question, how do we improve
productivity while decreasing bugs.  "Don't do things twice" seems to be a
good rationale, if the language/system can support it.

John