Simon,

Sorry for the slightly late fixes.  Please svn update your idst sources and
then "make clean" in the top-level directory.

On 32-bit Linux make sure you have the packages libreadline-dev and execstack
installed.
Then type "make" in the top-level directory.
This will build the st80 libraries for id, the idst compiler 'idc' and Jolt.

On 64-bit Linux make sure you have the packages lib32readline6-dev (or similar)
and execstack installed.
Then type "make TARGET=x86_32-pc-linux" in the top-level directory.
This will build the st80 libraries for id, the idst compiler 'idc' and a 32-bit
version of Jolt that can execute its own dynamic code on a 64-bit Linux system.

If your Linux does not install execstack in /usr/sbin you may have to tweak
function/jolt-burg/Makefile in the obvious way.

The VPU version of Jolt is no longer built by default, so...
'cd' to function/jolt-burg and then type "./main".
At the prompt, typing
"(+ 3 4)" should give you back a "7".

I've tested this on 32- and 64-bit versions of Linux Mint.

Hope that helps.

(We are certainly not alone in thinking the compiler should be part of many a
language runtime system. :)

Regards,
Ian