Not obvious to me.  Are you saying a folder of shortcuts?   A shortcut to a
folder?   A shortcut to a shortcut to a folder?  Instead of using indirect
addressing, can you put it in terms of folders and shortcuts, or do we need
a third type of object?  And how does this apply to a general graph
problem?   Are you speaking of URNs?  A directory of hard links?  That
seems to make the most sense to me, and would bring in the third type of
object.  Can you really make a hard link to a directory, and expect it to
work?  I'm not thinking of something with two levels, I am thinking of a
multilevel problem, where the shortcuts go really deep, like from a desktop
to somewhere into program files.  If I rename a program files folder, what
happens to my shortcuts?  If you like I can put this into Linux/BSD terms
which I am more comfortable with.  I am trying to address it to a larger
audience than that though.